Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fearless!!!!

So my joy today is in learning of something to come. I have been thinking about it non stop since last night.

Jason and I take Bailey with us, and we spend a week each summer volunteering for a Christian retreat camp for High School age kids. CAMPS (Christ As My Personal Savior). I went as a high school student, and have staffed many times...it's wonderful and we are so glad to do it as a family.

Each year has a different theme, and I learned the theme for this year last night....Fearless! I can't tell you how excited I am by this theme. I am literally jumping out of my skin excited for it.

In the last year or so I've become more fearless in my faith, and I have fully experienced what awesome things that has done for me. I am beyond excited to witness others learn the same lesson and be able to stand tall and strong in their faith and relationship with Christ.

I must admit, the excitement of this theme has brought me to tears at moments. I'm this inspired by it and we haven't even had our first staff meeting yet!

The hymn "Be Not Afraid" has always been one to make me cry. Not because it is a funeral song...but because it is so empowering. It is our Father's message to us that we don't need to be afraid...he is with us!!! It is an exciting song, not a sad one.

I was also excited for the theme as it relates to my favorite verse in the bible. Romans 8:31, "What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?" How amazing is that?!! To me it gives me the power to say BRING IT ON every day.

Fearless is an amazing way to live. It's joyful, loving, and exciting!!! So be fearless in God's love for you. He will guide you and love you in ways you could never imagine.

I like to reflect on the lyrics of a Tom Petty classic...to me it relates to being fearless in faith.

Well I won't back down
No I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

No I'll stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin me down
gonna stand my ground... and I won't back down

Chorus:(I won't back down...)
Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
(and I won't back down...)
hey I will stand my ground
and I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
in a world that keeps on pushin me around
but I'll stand my ground...and I won't back down

2 comments:

  1. I've been sitting here doing the planning for the outdoor games for this year's VBS - I think I need to be fearless just to be ready for leading VBS again this year! I will say - God provides at every turn - everyone I ask for help - gives enthusiastically. It's very humbling and exciting. We'll be on a "Deep Sea Dive" while you are "Fearless". Happy 1 week till Good Friday! Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does not get better than someone quoting both the Bible and Tom Petty. This blog rocks my socks!

    ReplyDelete