Friday, April 2, 2010

What a week

So I have to apologize for not writing over the last week. I was going to do a double entry Sunday, but then the week spun out of control. It has just been a really long week, and I just never thought to write.

But...I could really see how doing this blog so many days before this week came effected how I handled the week. I handled it without getting over stressed, outright angry, etc. I handled it by being able to talk to my husband about things I needed to, deal with the things that were happening at work without letting it effect the rest of my day, and truly enjoy the good moments I had. It doesn't mean I loved the week, it does mean that I reacted to the week better than I might have before.

I enjoyed the time Bailey and I had with Kelly on Saturday last week, I loved playing an April Fools joke on our daycare provider, and her getting us back, I loved B's laugh, playing outside with the dog and so much more. Amidst lots of bad and stressful stuff last week there was joy to be had, and I never lost sight of that.

I am glad I decided to do this over Lent, and I will probably continue it beyond Lent. I may not update every day, but I will try to update at least once a week. It's a good thing to keep focused on, and it clearly helps overall perspective.

Today my joy is in sacrifice. Today is the day that Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for ME! He made it for you too!! Today he was selfless, and his Father was selfless. Jesus asked for this cross to be taken from him, and his Father knew he couldn't do that or we wouldn't have what we have now...Jesus knew he couldn't run away from it because he was here to save us. Sacrifice was made today in ways that humble me. Jesus gave his life so that I can live eternally. It puts me in awe that someone who didn't know me yet could do it for me. He did it for so many that don't know him yet, and he wants to know them. It was selfless, and it was sacrifice. Because of that sacrifice I have joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment